NAPA Center is searching for a pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist Department Manager who would like to join our multi-disciplinary team.
The Neurological and Physical Abilitation Center is one of the world's leading pediatric neurological intensive rehabilitation therapy. We are dedicated to delivering excellent, innovative, multi-disciplinary therapy services to children with a variety of neurological and developmental needs.
NAPA Center is headquartered in Los Angeles, California, and has a second clinic in Sydney, Australia where many of our therapists travel between. We also offer our intensive programs in pop-up settings around the world by sending teams of our therapists to treat groups of children for three-week periods. Travel is not required for this position but opportunities are available typically after your first year with NAPA.
We offer both three-week intensive therapy programs, as well as traditional weekly therapy sessions. Our intensive programs are tailored to each child's specific needs, which in some cases involves a combination of physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, feeding therapy, VitalStim, PROMPT, AAC, etc. The populations of children we typically see are complex, and many have physical disabilities such as cerebral palsy, as well as speech and communication difficulties.
NAPA Center Offers:
- Highly competitive industry pay rates
- International Travel Opportunities
- Flexible Schedules
- Great career ladder opportunities
- 401(k) plan
- Health/Dental benefit packages
- Ongoing continuing education
- In-house CEU opportunities
NAPA Center is seeking a full-time Speech-Language Pathologist to lead our SLP department of four SLPs and four SLPAs . You will meet with your team weekly and will be expected to monitor caseloads, productivity, appropriate scheduling, training opportunities, and any issues that may arise within the department. You will collaborate with other department managers, and report directly to the Director of Rehabilitation.
Typically, our speech pathologists are well rounded in their specialties, but the required qualifications for this position are:
- 3+ year experience in pediatrics preferred
- 1+ year of managerial experience preferred
- Experience with low and high tech ACC systems highly valued
- Experience in feeding and swallowing therapy
- PROMPT, Hanen and/or VitalStim certification is a definite plus
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills
- Work effectively as a team member within our dynamic, multidisciplinary team of speech pathologists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists
- Love of working with children, and great communication ability with their parents and caregivers.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), familiarity with working with an electronic notes system.
- Ability to evaluate and assess, diagnose, develop goals and provide intervention and remediation for a variety of speech and language diagnoses
- Registration by the National Board for Certification in Speech-Language Pathology
- Valid licensure as a Speech Pathologist by the California Board of Speech Pathology
Along with your managerial duties, you will be treating a caseload of 6-7 patients daily.
For more information about NAPA Center, please check out our website at www.napacenter.org. We look forward to hearing from you soon!