Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group (LLUFMG), Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, in association with Totally Kids, is seeking an Advanced Practice Clinician (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) to join our team.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including:
- Relocation Assistance
- Paid Malpractice Insurance
Loma Linda University Faculty Medical Group is affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical Center, Children’s Hospital and School of Medicine, with the mission to deliver whole-person care at a world-class level of?clinical excellence. The ?Medical Center serves as ?the largest tertiary referral?source in both Riverside and San Bernardino counties with a surrounding population approaching 4 million.
Totally Kids is located in the Loma Linda community, and has been serving special needs children for nearly 50 years. Having helped pioneer habilitation services for people with developmental disabilities, and pediatric sub acute services for medically fragile children, we are now serving children recovering from physical trauma with acute pediatric inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation.
- Assisting at Totally Kids with PM&R patient consults
- Consulting with Loma Linda University Children’s Hospital (LLUCH): Pediatric Neurosurgery, Neurology, and Trauma Surgery
- Supporting staff to provide rehab support and information, and smooth transitions between LLUCH and Totally Kinds Rehab
- Assisting with communications between LLUCH case managers and therapists, and Totally Kids staff
- Support LLUCH discharge planning from the time of admission for children benefiting from acute intensive rehabilitation or follow-up outpatient rehabilitation
- Assisting with CCS interaction and problem solving to maximize surgical and post-trauma outcome with regards to functionality
- Developing patient tracking and follow-up program to ensure best outcomes
- Providing daily rounds support for Totally Kids Pediatricians and help transition toward the goal of the Department Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation performing the primary physician role.
For over 100 years, Loma Linda University Health has been dedicated to excellence in health care, research, and education. Today we are building a new hospital and expanding our children’s hospital to continue meeting the health needs of our community. The new towers will be state-of-the-art, allowing for the newest advances in technology and patient care. We are also greatly expanding and enhancing our already robust research enterprise through a new collaborative research center and program endowments.
About the area
Loma Linda University is located East of Los Angeles, in a region known as the Inland Empire. The beaches of Newport, Laguna, and Malibu are only 60-90 minutes to the West, with superb swimming, sunbathing, surfing, and sailing. Also 60 minutes to the West downtown Los Angeles, with its top-quality restaurants, world-renowned museums, opera, and other cultural opportunities. The Big Bear Mountain Ski resort is about 1 hour drive from LLU. The golf courses, shopping, and spas of Palm Springs are a 60-minute drive to the East and World-class Mammoth Mountain resort is a 6-hour drive to the North.
This opportunity is not eligible for a J1 Waiver.
Interested candidates, please send your CV to:
Mike Unterseher – Director of Physician Recruitment