Providence is offering an exciting opportunityfor Cath Lab Technologists to be employed by the largest Cath Lab in Alaska!
Providence Alaska Medical Center located in
Anchorage invites you to grow your career in a fast-paced Cath/IR & EP Lab
with state of the art equipment and world class Physicians. 6 Labs
and 1 Hybrid OR, with over 400 cases per month, you will get exposure to a
variety of percutaneous procedures and be given the opportunity to learn
multiple modalities. When you're not busy in the Lab, you can step
outside to be surrounded by the beautiful landscape of Alaska and engage in one
of the many outdoor activities unique to this region. Join a collaborative team
with an unwavering commitment to putting patient care first, and a management
team that makes it all possible with their unwavering commitment to you
This is a full-time, day shift position
for our Cath Lab at Providence Alaska Medical Center. . We are
offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus and an applicable relocation
In this position, you
- Assist cardiovascularPhysicians in performing and completing invasive, interventional andtherapeutic cardiovascular procedures in labs using a variety ofcomplicated/advanced equipment, monitors, devices, and supplies.
- Be knowledgeable in vascular,cardiac, and pediatric procedural practice as well as emergenttechniques/protocol.
- Assist in quality controlchecks/quality improvement program.
- Serve patients from neonates tosenior citizens.
Required qualificationsfor this position include:
- Knowledgebase of Hospital radiology techniques, theory, and procedures isnecessary.
- Basicknowledge of anatomy and physiology, invasive cardiovascularpractices/techniques/pressures,
- Basic EKGanalysis, and emergency protocols.
- If newgraduate ARRT or RCIS registry must be completed within one year from dateof hire.
- Must beable to read, write and speak English.
Preferred qualificationsfor this position include:
- Graduation from an accredited school with supervised clinicalexperience in invasive cardiovascular and/or interventional radiologicalprocedures
- ARRT or RCIS registered (if new graduate, registry must be completedwithin one year from hire)
- Knowledgeable of invasive cardiovascularpractices/techniques/pressures, basic EKG analysis and emergency protocols
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS must be obtained within six-months of hire
- Special procedures/cath labcardiovascular technician experience
- Prior experience usingelectronic medical charting (EMR) such as EPIC
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office Suite such as Outlook
For more information, please contact Julie Fischer, Lead Senior
Recruiter, Providence Talent Acquisition, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
About the Cath Lab
caregivers (employees) in the award-winning cath lab at Providence Alaska
Medical Center (PAMC) serve a wide range of patient populations and conditions
-- from newborns to geriatrics; from stable outpatients to critical care
patients. Services include diagnostic and interventions in cardiac, peripheral
and neurovascular. There is a separate electrophysiology (EP) team, but the
cath lab staff often helps the EP team to set-up, scrub or circulate. Cath lab
caregivers come from a variety of educational backgrounds including radiology
technology, nursing, cardiovascular technology and other allied health
professionals (many are Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialists
certified). However, the lab is not divided by these certifications or
licensures; caregivers perform similar tasks and have the option of rotating
through scrub, circulate and monitor. There is always something new in the cath
lab at PAMC that requires a breadth of knowledge and flexibility regarding
patient needs, equipment, techniques and the evolving medical culture. The
successful caregiver in the cath lab will be able to multitask, think on their
feet and adapt quickly.
About Providence Alaska Medical Center
the state's largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center (PAMC) provides
full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other
in the state. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded PAMC with its Quality
Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart
failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor
awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
also among the nation's best employers for healthy lifestyles. The National
Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has
honored PAMC for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace
and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Cath Lab
Req ID: 131018