Providenceis calling a dynamic and enthusiastic physical therapist to join our team atthe Seward Medical Center in beautiful Seward Alaska.
Are you looking for a great work/life balance? How about the opportunity to venture out into the wilderness to hike, kayak, or take in scenic view of Alaska? Providence Seward Mountain Haven Medical Center is the perfect destination for you! We works closely as part of an interdisciplinary team to assure quality treatment and outcomes for the community we serve. Enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States.
We are looking for an
individual who is motivated to work, looking to expand their knowledge, and
enjoys using their diverse skills to treat patients in a multitude of settings.
A $5000 sing-on bonus and generous relocation assistance will be provided. Wound care is
preferred, however training can be provided.
In this position you will:
- Utilizea varied skill set to provide physical therapy services in a generalistposition. Services provided include adult and pediatric outpatients, orthopedicpatients, wound care patients, acute care inpatients, swing bed patients, (TCU)and long term care.
- Plan and implement specific management plans for individualpatients according to the principles and practice of physical therapy.
- Function on an interdisciplinary team and provide assistanceto coworkers, patients, and visitors as needed.
- Provide patient, family and community education in a varietyof physical settings.
- Document evaluations, and develop plans of care in accordancewith physical therapy and Seward Medical and CareCenter standards.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy in the State of Alaska.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon hire.
- Valid Alaska driver's license with current auto insurance and reliable transportation.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience and credentials in sub-specialty.
About the Physical Therapy Department in Seward
Serving Seward and the tourism/cruise ship industry, Providence Seward Medical Center is a collaborative effort between an Alaskan community and Providence Health System. In 1996, the City of Seward awarded Providence a long-term contract to manage and operate its municipally owned hospital and clinic. In addition to 24-hour emergency room services, the hospital provides inpatient care for needs that can be handled by the Seward primary care physician and physician assistant team, outpatient clinic services, physical therapy, diagnostic and home health care services.
Therapy services are provided for individuals who have been injured, are experiencing pain related functional limitations, have experienced sudden health changes or suffering from disease which causes struggles in daily activities or work. Therapists work as a team to assist individuals in achieving their highest level of mobility, strength and function, community integration, language and cognitive skills.
Please contact Rachel Brown for more information: Rachel.Brown@providence.org
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Physical Therapy
Req ID: 150893