Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weï¿½re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Provides safe and effective care in the following areas per Department policy:
2. Medical Gas Administration 3. Aerosol Therapy 4. Chest Physical Therapy 5. IPPB Therapy 6. CPR/Airway Management 7. Pulmonary Screens 8. Incentive Spirometry 9. Pulse Oximetry 10. Patient Assessment 11. Blood Gas Sampling 12. Analysis and Quality Control 13. Sputum Induction
15. Provides patient instruction and education as needed.
16. Responds immediately to emergency situations per Department policy.
17. Maintains accurate patient and Department records.
18. Maintains communications, both verbally and written, with patients, physicians, and other hospital personnel.
19. Ensures quality and safety of all therapy delivered. 20. Completes master log at the end of each shift.
21. Is completely familiar with assigned patients, including chest X-rays, pertinent lab requests, diagnosis and acid base status.
22. Submits completed billing. 23. Completes other duties as assigned. 24. Performs in _____ of the following critical care area. ï¿½ Adult ICU ï¿½ Peds ICU ï¿½ Neonatal ICU 25. Maintains current American Heart Association: ï¿½ NRP, mandatory in NICU or, ï¿½ PALS , mandatory in PICU or ï¿½ Both when working in both specialty areas
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain Respiratory Care Practitioner license in the state of California and current California Respiratory Care Practitioner license. Must have current American Heart Association BLS certification. All RCP's working in PICU/NICU must hold a certificate of Completion from an AMA approved school for Respiratory Care which includes both didactic and clinical course work in pediatric and or neonatal respiratory therapy or completion of a minimum of 20 hours didactic and four (4) weeks of preceptored pediatric and or neonatal clinical experience in a hospital-based course or the equivalent in years of experience All RCP's working with ventilator management in PICU/NICU must have PALS and NRP
Must have NICU/PICU experience
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Job: Respiratory Therapy
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905030322
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.